Visitors Feedback Form

United Republic of Tanzania  
  • Mwl. Julius K. Nyerere
  • Sheikh Abeid Amani Karume
How Do I
Read More » ...
Home HOW DO I Obtain Permits

Ease of Access

Residence Permit Class "C" may be issued to foreigners intending to enter and reside in Tanzania for purposes other than those specified for the grant of Residence Permit Class "A"  or "B". Like Students, Researchers, Volunteers, Persons attending cases in Court of Laws, persons who have formerly been residents and are about to leave the country (i.e. winding up affairs), and persons attending medical treatment in hospitals.


  • Application forms  (TIF 1) and Employee/Employer Datasheet duly filled in duplicate
  • General security covenant (TIF. 13)
  • Curriculum vitae (CV) of the employee
  • A copy of National Passport (with validity of not less than a year)
  • Certified copies of Academic Certificates
  • Service testimonial from previous employer (if any)
  • Six Passport Size photographs.


  • Visit and fill the application form at the immigration office
  • Notify on the approval of the permit
  • Pay the prescribed fee of US$ 500.
  • The approval will cease to have effect after sixty days from the date of such
    notification pursuant to regulation 29 of the Immigration Regulations, 1997.


Source: Government Portal Content Team, Last Reviewed on: 20-11-2015
Click here to subscribe this page
Subscribe new content on this page