Visitors Feedback Form

United Republic of Tanzania  
  • Mwl. Julius K. Nyerere
  • Sheikh Abeid Amani Karume
How Do I
Read More » ...
Home HOW DO I Apply for Citizenship

Ease of Access

A woman married to a citizen of the United Republic shall at  any time during the life time of the husband be entitled upon making an application in a prescribed form, to be naturalized as a citizen of the United Republic.


  • Proof of husband's citizenship.
  • Marriage certificate registered in Tanzania.
  • A copy of  valid national passport
  • A proof of valid immigration status.
  • Five recent passport size photographs.


  • Fill in prescribed Forms C.
  • Submit the Application Form to the Headquarters or Regional or District Immigration
  • Pay fee of USD 1500 which is nonrefundable.
  • Publish in two consecutive issues of the Daily Newspapers.
  • The District\Regional Immigration Officer forwards the application to the Principal
    Commissioner of Immigration Services for his recommendations.
  • The Principal Commissioner of Immigration Services forwards the application to the Minister for final decision.
Source: Government Portal Content Team, Last Reviewed on: 31-10-2018
Click here to subscribe this page
Subscribe new content on this page