Visitors Feedback Form

United Republic of Tanzania  
  • Mwl. Julius K. Nyerere
  • Sheikh Abeid Amani Karume
How Do I
Read More » ...
Home HOW DO I Lodge Complains
Ministry of Health,Community Development, Gender, Elders and Children

Ease of Access

Child abuse is the physical, sexual or emotional maltreatment or neglect of a child or children.Despitethe measures taken to ensure that children are protected many children are still not accorded proper protection.


  • A child who is Abused
  • Staff who Receives an allegation of abuse from a child
  • A person who becomes aware or suspects that abuse is taking or has taken place


  • Report immediately to the Manager or the Designated Person, no later than 24 hours
  • Complete the CP 1 Form 
  • Inform the police and report a person who has behaved in a way that has either harmed a child, or placed the child at serious risk of being harmed
  • The Manager shall appoint the Designated to undertake an investigation within  24 hours, or shall complete the investigation themselves.
  • The manager or police shall Interview the child
  • The initial investigation should be completed within seven days.
  • The Manager or Designated Person shall produce a written report containing details of any recommended action to be taken to protect the child or children
  • Submit a copy of the full investigation report and recommendations to the Commissioner for Social Welfare.
  • The Manager shall implement the recommendations contained in the report. If the Manager decides not to implement the recommendations, he shall file a further report to the Commissioner for Social Welfare within 14 days setting out the reasons for not implementing the recommendations.
  • The Commissioner shall have the power, on receiving a report filed in accordance to order the Manager to either implement the recommendations
    contained in the report or to implement alternative actions, which shall be detailed
    in written form and provided to the Manager.


  • If the complaint is about the Manager, the Designated Person shall  forward the
    allegation to the Commissioner for Social Welfare. If the complaint is about the
    Designated Person, the Manager shall undertake the initial investigation to the
    Commissioner for Social Welfare.
Source: Government Portal Content Team, Last Reviewed on: 23-11-2015
Click here to subscribe this page
Subscribe new content on this page