Visitors Feedback Form

United Republic of Tanzania  
  • Mwl. Julius K. Nyerere
  • Sheikh Abeid Amani Karume
How Do I
Read More » ...
Home HOW DO I Apply
Ministry of Lands, Housing and Human Settlement Development

Ease of Access

A citizen can exercise his/her right of owning a Title Deed as a source of income by mortgaging it and apply for a loan from any financial institution.


(a) A Title Deed

(b) A mortgage certificate (two or more copies)

(c) Notification of Disposition

(d) Receipt for land rent

(e) Spouse consent or affidavit

(f) Evaluation report

(g) A true copy of the company registration certificate from the Registrar of Companies if the borrower is a company. 


(a) Make sure you have all the above documents.

(b) Submit the documents to the Office of the Registrar  of Certificates for registration of the loan.

(c) Registration documents will be ready within 14 working days.

(d) Collect the registered documents from the Office of the Registrar of Certificates and submit them to the institution where you applied for the loan.


Once you have paid the loan you took by mortgaging your Title Deed, make sure you request to cancel the registration of the loan so that you get back your Tittle Deed from the respective institution.  

Source: Government Portal Content Team, Last Reviewed on: 29-10-2018
Click here to subscribe this page
Subscribe new content on this page