Visitors Feedback Form

United Republic of Tanzania  
  • Mwl. Julius K. Nyerere
  • Sheikh Abeid Amani Karume
How Do I
Read More » ...
Home HOW DO I Get
Tanzania Commission for AIDS - TACAIDS

Ease of Access

ARV drugs?

For a person to get ARV drugs, he or she must go to a Care and Treatment Clinic (i.e., a hospital that provides ARV). Usually, during VCT referral is made to the nearest facility that provides ARV.

In that clinic a complete medical history, physical examination, and laboratory evaluation will be made. If the person is found eligible for ART, then the correct drug and dosage will be prescribed. He or she will also be advised on how to detect side effects and what to do in case they occur. Advice on nutrition, drug adherence and resistance will also be given.

Source: Government Portal Content Team, Last Reviewed on: 29-10-2018
Click here to subscribe this page
Subscribe new content on this page