Visitors Feedback Form

United Republic of Tanzania  
  • Mwl. Julius K. Nyerere
  • Sheikh Abeid Amani Karume
How Do I
Read More » ...
Home HOW DO I Obtain Licence
Tanzania Revenue Authority - TRA

Ease of Access

Clearing and Forwarding Agent (CFAS) are persons licensed by the Commissioner for Customs & Excise Department to carry on the duty of processing documents and clearing goods from customs control on behalf of the importers.


  • At least two employees in charge of clearance with minimum of five years experience in customs operations.  
  • Employees should have at least diploma/certificate in customs training.
  • Tax payer identification number (TIN)
  • Proof of affiliation/ membership of a recognised clearing and forwarding association
  • Should not have abandoned PADS/Offences or any TRA outstanding liability.
  • Certificate of registration with SUMATRA.
  • Bank account details.
  • VAT Certificate.
  • Tax clearance letter from Domestic Revenue / Large Taxpayers department, Valid Business License from the Ministry of Industries, Trade and Marketing
  • Memorandum and Articles of Association.
  • Certificate of Incorporation.
  • Valid customs licence for the previous year.
  • Recent passport size photographs of Directors and key employees.
  • Copies of identity card, passport/ other form of identification of the staffs.
  • Lease/title deed of the office/ premise.
  • Letter(s) from guarantor(s) confirming annual premium remittances in respect of relevant bond securities.
  • Valid tenancy agreement for sustainable office accommodation/proof of ownership


  • Apply online through Customs Licence Application System (CULAS)
  • Attach the documents as stated on requirements.
  • Pay US Dollar Fifty (USD 50) as an application fee.
  • Provide Proof of affiliation/membership of a recognised clearing and forwarding
  • Submit the application to the Commissioner for Customs and Excise Department.

              TRA employees are not eligible to have any stake in the Clearing
               and Forwarding business

Source: Government Portal Content Team, Last Reviewed on: 19-11-2015
Click here to subscribe this page
Subscribe new content on this page